Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Flex 2 and Coldfusion Remote Object Mapping Issues

Today I was having trouble mapping an object from Flex to Coldfusion. According to all the documentation I could find, all you have to do is match the properties between the Actionscript object and the CFC (same number of properties and naming) then set the "RemoteClass" metadata on the Actionscript class and the "alias" in your Coldfusion CFC. That should do it... The problem was that whenever I would debug my app and inspect the result from the remote call, I would see a generic object instead of the typed object that I was exspecting. The problem was solved by importing my class into the mxml file and creating a bindable variable of the same type as the class in question. When I debugged the app, there was my typed object. Interesting...

No comments: